Author info

NAV /CRM Connector FP5– Part I Installing and configuring

erstellt von Rene Gayer am 3. February 2011 10:23

The time has come. Yesterday I was once again installing and configuring the Dynamics Connector for NAV 2009. Now FP5!

First you have to download the installer and manual.

Please check the system requirements first, before you are going on installing the connector.

I also recommend to make a backup of all affected systems (specially CRM, NAV, Windows Server)  so you are able to return to initial state in case of troubles.

image

In my scenario I was using

• Microsoft CRM Online
  • Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 (running on R2 client / server)

1. Download the Dynamics Connector

2. Run the Connector for Microsoft Dynamics NAV.msi

3. Request the license key in VOICE. How you can do this you can read in my post CRM Connector

4. Follow the installation wizard step by step. This is very easy and nothing special configuration is required (be sure you are an administrator)

image

After installation you will get a new program group called Microsoft Dynamics

image

5. Before going on configuring the Connector you will need

a) an user (system) account for NAV 2009 ( need web service access – for more information read the instruction notes)

b) an user with System customizer role in CRM 2011 (Online) (This user must not be the same like your CRM 2011 administrator! Create a new one!!)

Try to login with both new user to be sure they are able to access the system.

Tomorrow: How to configure the adapter settings

Regards,

Rene

Comments (6) -

2/28/2011 3:31:23 PM #

The Connector for Microsoft Dynamics Team blog is located here:

Chris Hetzler Vereinigte Staaten

3/18/2011 4:59:08 PM #

Hello,

is it possible to map a custom picklist in the account entity in MSD CRM with a custom table in MSD NAV or an existing table as the code vendor table?

If yes, how can I test it?

Best regards,

Rachida Ursu
CRM consultant
Absys Cyborg

Ursu Frankreich

4/17/2011 1:42:00 AM #

Hi,
To map picklist you need to map value of picklist which is integer. From NAV by default u get string value. So change the string value to integer value from NAV side. This can be done in  related web service. NAV developers should be able to convert this.

venkat Deutschland

5/19/2011 9:12:06 AM #

Is it possible to have more than one integration working at the same time? For instance we would like to have separate NAV databases for Test/Production and also separate CRM Online installations (Test/Production). I already set up Connector for integration between the Test systems, but now I cannot find I way to add additional adapter for the Production NAV and CRM. Is it at all possible to run several integrations at the same time with Dynamics Connector? Or have I just missed something obvious?

Jens Finnland

1/11/2012 3:49:34 PM #

@Jens - you'll need to update your adapter settings to connect to the proper server for NAV and CRM and then create a enw integration.

Chris Hetzler Vereinigte Staaten

3/27/2012 5:19:57 PM #

Hello everyone,

I am desesparatly searching for technical books about the connector for ms Dynamics.
Indeed, I would like to add new fields that don't exist in the standard maps.
And I cannot see how to do this.
Specially concerning NAV fields.
It would seem that customer CRM fields are all available.

Nguyen Long Frankreich

Pingbacks and trackbacks (3)+

Country flag

biuquote
  • Preview

Datenschutzhinweis: Sie stimmen durch "Kommentar speichern" der Speicherung Ihrer Angaben durch Microsoft Österreich für die Beantwortung der Anfrage zu. Sie erhalten dadurch keine unerwünschten Werbezusendungen. Ihre Emailadresse wird auf Ihren Wunsch dazu verwendet Sie über neue Kommentare zu informieren.

Microsoft respektiert den Datenschutz. Datenschutz & Cookies

Datenschutz & Cookies · Nutzungsbedingungen · Impressum · Markenzeichen
© 2013 Microsoft. Alle Rechte vorbehalten · BlogEngine.NET 2.7.0.0 · Diese Website wird für Microsoft von atwork gehostet.
powered by atwork