The time has come. Yesterday I was once again installing and configuring the Dynamics Connector for NAV 2009. Now FP5!
First you have to download the installer and manual.
Please check the system requirements first, before you are going on installing the connector.
I also recommend to make a backup of all affected systems (specially CRM, NAV, Windows Server) so you are able to return to initial state in case of troubles.
In my scenario I was using
- Microsoft CRM Online
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 (running on R2 client / server)
1. Download the Dynamics Connector
2. Run the Connector for Microsoft Dynamics NAV.msi
3. Request the license key in VOICE. How you can do this you can read in my post CRM Connector
4. Follow the installation wizard step by step. This is very easy and nothing special configuration is required (be sure you are an administrator)
After installation you will get a new program group called Microsoft Dynamics
5. Before going on configuring the Connector you will need
a) an user (system) account for NAV 2009 ( need web service access – for more information read the instruction notes)
b) an user with System customizer role in CRM 2011 (Online) (This user must not be the same like your CRM 2011 administrator! Create a new one!!)
Try to login with both new user to be sure they are able to access the system.
Tomorrow: How to configure the adapter settings